Do you have adb & docker running on your desktop?

1 view

Andy Burnelli

Nov 23, 2022, 12:56:33 PM11/23/22
Do you have adb & docker running on your desktop?
(If so, can you run a quick test for the team?)

1. In a recent mobile device thread, battery debugging was requested
pixel suddenly *very* battery hungry
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/6E1086eBU0c>
2. It turns out there are (seemingly) excellent free desktop solutions
C:\> adb shell dumpsys batterystats > 20221123batterystats.txt
<https://i.postimg.cc/T2WCz3nM/battery06.jpg> adb dumpsys batterystat
C:\> docker -- run -p <port>:9999 gcr.io/android-battery-historian/stable:3.0 --port 9999
3. I can't get docker to run on my old Windows so I ask if you have
both adb and docker running, can you test the two commands for the team?

DETAILS OF BATTERY STATS:
Shows where and how processes are drawing current from the battery.
Identify tasks in your app that could be deferred to improve battery life.
<https://developer.android.com/topic/performance/power/setup-battery-historian>

DETAILS OF BATTERY HISTORIAN:
Battery Historian allows developers to analyze Android battery consumers.
<https://developer.android.com/topic/performance/power/battery-historian>
<https://github.com/google/battery-historian>
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to see results that I was unable myself to obtain.